Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First Morning

A journal entry the first morning at the pietermeritzburg campus...

Its the first morning of our stay here at African Enterprise, and me and the other guys went on a run at 6 am (we were still suffering from 10 hr jet-lag).  Shortly into the game reserve we spotted a zebra in the mist, however it disapeared as fast as it appeared.  Just a few minutes later we were jogging past a pack of them only a few feet away.  As we continued we discovered another zebra as well as a couple antelope.  Oddly enough i felt comfortable running beside these legendary creatures, like it was my natural instinct, what I was made to do.  Others around me did not feel quite as safe, at one point one of the guys began sprinting in fear when the zebra began to gallup next to us.  I believe they were merely being playful and racing him, but his showed that he didnt think them playful.  I could be satisfied with just this great experience of man integrating into nature, however this is just the first morning and there are many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Colt! That is unreal that you ran with a Zebra! I love your playful and carefree heart and perspective! It will serve you well on your journey! Keep the blogs and pics coming! We love you! OX, Auntie Dawn

    ReplyDelete