Popular Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Empathy

A series of unfortunate events have brought to light things within myself i have not seen in a long time.  Empathy, for some is just a term used when they can relate to someone, for me it is an instinct that rips me out of my own skin and places me in a position where I experience the happiness and more importantly pain of others.  It is not intentional or even conscious because honestly at times i would not choose to feel the suffering that I do but I would never trade my Empathy.  It is a part of me, an aspect of my character that defines part of my existence.  It is a strength as well as a weakness.  At times it comforts me and at times I am so frustrated with my ability to feel but inability to do anything about it.  I hate being helpless to help, there are those situations where I feel the pain others are feeling but I am not in a position to act.  It is those times where my heart is tortured and I must pray in order to keep from being sane!
I am not sure if this makes any sense to anyone but me, or even why I am writing this on my blog. but this is my way of understanding myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment