Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

Braveheart

 I just finished watching Braveheart.  An inspiring story of a common man rising up to lead Scotland to freedom.  A man who was known by every on of his country men and stories were told of him even when he was still yet alive. 
It made me think, how long has it been since we have had a national hero.  Sure we idolize actors, athletes, and musicians but when was the last time there was a man who inspired a country? Not by looks or by his talents but by his wit and his very living.  It is people like William Wallace who create change.  These people are not politicians, it is not merely a  job for them.  They are individuals who live out their convictions in such a way that others cannot help but be inspired.  I can only hope to be a piece of what these great men of history were.  I can only pray that my story is one worth writing and maybe even reading again when I am long gone and the memories faded.  Will my story be one worth keeping?

(P.S: I recognize the fact the movie adds a good amount of fictional events to the actual reality of Wallace's life)

No comments:

Post a Comment