Popular Posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Could Live Here

    Grassy plateaus and mountains tower over my head as I stand upon this boulder so big that only God himself could move it.  Rushing water hums its melody as it flows 20 feet beneath me.  I sit down to bask in the sun who will be wrestled out of the sky by the approaching thunderclouds that been waiting so luminous on the horizon.  I slide down the rock face, scratching up my stomach, and jump into the water.  The current greets me by sweeping me off my feet and I am embraced by the cool waters.  I curl up into a ball to see how far this river would take me.  It throws me against rocks and the flips me over and over until it is through with me.  I stand up and a flash of lightning paints the hills followed by its war drums.  I feel a drop of rain as I drag myself out of the river and stare at the opposing clouds.  "I could live here!" escaped my mouth and I continued down the path...

No comments:

Post a Comment