Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

Proof of Truth: "Faith and Reality"

     Is faith simply a construct of our minds?  Is everything I believe just a fairytale that someones mind dreamed into reality centuries ago and now that reality has become my own? Is it all just a dream?
     I say NO!  There are some things that i know for sure, even if my reality really is just a fantasy.  I know for sure there is a God, and not just because i feel Him.  It is so evident that there is a higher power that has created life.  If one just looks internally at the power to think he cannot but come to the conclusion that there is some kind of God.  It believe it is stupidity to think otherwise.  However it is the story and character of God that is so hard to rationaly defend.  I know it as truth for myself but how can i prove it absolute truth.  I do not want to be of a "blind faith".  I will not be another brainwashed follower lacking the ability to question "truth".  I know I am not educated enough to establish a rational argument for the truth of  Jesus and this is why i must question it.  Not because I do not believe but because I DO, and wish not to believe blindly.  I know there is evidence out there and it is my duty as a christian and I believe as a human to find truth and its supporting evidence.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about! These are the conversations I wish I was around for. Take some pictures of elephants for me... they are my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds a lot like Descartes! Have you read his meditations? I love thinking about this stuff... ahhh philosophy. Its such a challenge in balancing curiosity and healthy skepticism with knowing what we believe and standing firm in our faith. But its so GOOD :) Love this.

    ReplyDelete